Leroy Surveyors and Engineers

Home - Surveying - Civil Engineering - Septic System Design - Geotechnical - Contact

The Web LSEINC.com

Land Surveying
Lot Surveys - Short Plats - Wetland Surveys & Mapping - Boundary Line Adjustments - Construction Surveying
Topographic Mapping - Flood Certificates - ALTA Surveys - Boundary Surveys

Contact Leroy Surveyors & Engineers, Land Surveying Department By

Calling 253-848-6608 Ext. 119 and/or Emailing Doug Hanby at dhanby@lseinc.com for an Estimate

Frequently Asked Questions About Land Surveying:

Q: What is Land Surveying?

A: Surveying is the art and science of mapping land. It is used in almost all aspects of site development and is also necessary to sell a piece of land. Property owners are able to have the boundaries of a parcel marked and any type of encroachment mapped. Engineers take a surveyors 3d mapping of a property and build a design from it. Leroy Surveyors and Engineers are able to accomplish a wide variety of surveys from a simple record of survey to complex 500+ lot plats. It is important to be accurate and produce quality work which is what we pride ourselves on.

Q: What types of Land Surveys can a survey company be hired to accomplish?

A: There are several types of different surveys Leroy Surveyors and Engineers can perform:

Property Surveys -- Lot and Boundary Surveys; Short Plat and Large Lot Subdivisions; Formal Plats; Boundary Line Adjustments; Condominium Surveys; Area Computations; A.L.T.A. Surveys.

Engineering Surveys -- Topographic Surveys; As-Built and Locations Surveys; Slope Verification Surveys; Profiles & Cross Sections.

Construction Surveys -- Control Surveys; Slope Staking; Street & Utility Staking.

Environmental Surveys -- Wetland Delineation Surveys; Soil Log Surveys; Arborist Surveys.

Q: When do I need to have my property surveyed?

A: Anytime the boundary changes, erection of fences, ownership transferred, land division or any type of structure built that is related to the boundary of a property.

Q: How much will a land survey cost?

A: There are commonly two ways for a survey company to bill a client. The first is a fixed fee based on the type of survey and amount of work necessary to complete. The second is T & M or time and materials. This is where a company works for a set hourly rate until your project has been completed. Most land surveying companies tend to work at a T & M rate because of unforeseen factors that may arise during work on a project. There are different scenarios where each will be more cost efficient for the work being hired out. It is best to contact the surveyors you wish to hire and ask for a consultation/quote before starting any new job site.

Q: What information do I need to have for my property to be surveyed?

A: Any information a client has will help reduce the time it takes for the site to be researched. Depending on the scope of work and type of survey, the amount of preliminary data collection varies. At the very minimum a client must have a Parcel Number or Site Address for the property to be properly researched and surveyed. Respectable Land Surveying Companies will not do unnecessary work if the type of survey does not require it.

Q: How can my property be divided so I can sell off a portion of it?

A: Any division of land requires a short plat or final plat. We can prepare a cost estimate to complete the land division required for the property to be sold.

Example Boundary Line Adjustment

BLA Example

Click the Picture Above for a Larger Image

Example Short Plat

Short Plat Example

Click the Picture Above for a Larger Image

Example Record of Survey

Survey Example

Click the Picture Above for a Larger Image


About Us - Projects - Careers & Jobs - Links - Visit Us on Facebook - Follow Us on Twitter - Affiliations & Previous Clients
Providing Professional Services in Oregon, Alaska, Idaho and all of Western Washington; Including but not limited to
Puyallup - Tacoma - Lakewood - University Place - Kent - Federal Way - Auburn - Seattle - Sumner - Bonney Lake - Buckley Edgewood - Fife
Orting - Roy - Milton - Enumclaw - Spanaway - Des Moines - Gig Harbor - Algona - Federal Way - Kent - Renton - Pierce County - King County

Leroy Surveyors and Engineers, Inc. 12815 Canyon Road East - Suite F, Puyallup, WA 98373 • (253) 848-6608 or (253) 604-4443 • lfox@lseinc.com

Copyright (c) 2016 LeRoy Surveyors & Engineers, Inc. All rights reserved.